ERIC A. SPENCER, is a native Californian (Los Angeles, 1949) whose early legal work focused on business litigation and commercial collections. That experience led him to involvement in a variety of large, complex cases in which he developed a skill for drafting documents for financial institutions relative to secured transactions as well as various contracts for manufacturers, builders and suppliers.
Mr. Spencer graduated from California State University at Northridge and received his law degree from Whittier College School of Law. He became a partner in the firm in 1988.
He has published numerous articles and has been a panelist for seminars presented by the San Fernando Valley Bar Association and the Western Association of Equipment Lessors. Frequently appearing as a speaker on business litigation for many large corporations and organizations, Mr. Spencer also provides services for Los Angeles County Bar Association's Pro Bono Program for people with AIDS.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Collections
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1980
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1978
- California State University, Northridge, California
- B.A. - 1974
Past Employment Positions
- Hemar, Gordon & Rousso, Associate, 1981 to 1988
Pro Bono Activities
- HALSA, 00/1990