- Partner, 1991
THOMAS R. MULALLY, a native New Yorker (Brooklyn, 1957), became a partner in the firm in 1991.
Like his partner, Mr. Mulally had early experience in the areas of commercial litigation and creditors' rights which led him to start his own firm in 1989.
He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Queens College (History, 1980) and attended Whittier College School of Law where he was named to the respected Moot Court Honors Board and received his Juris Doctor degree (1984).
After passing the California Bar, he served as an associate attorney in the Law Offices of Jon Kadoni in Los Angeles where he handled the Big Rock Mesa Landslide litigation. From there, Mr. Mulally joined the law firm of Hemar, Gordon & Rousso, where he developed an expertise in commercial litigation and creditors' rights.
Mr. Mulally has been active in the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Pro Bono Program since 1985, and was a delegate to the State Bar Convention in 1989 and 1990. He was named as a finalist in 1997 for Boss of the Year by the San Fernando Valley Legal Secretaries Association. He serves as the Los Angeles Regional Chair for the United Association of Equipment Leasing (UAEL).
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Collection 60%
- Creditors Rights in Bankruptcy 20%
- Business Litigation 10%
- Transactional Work 10%
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: Moot Court Honors Board
- Queens College of the City University of New York, New York City, New York
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: History
- RR Donnelley
- US Bank
- Fidelity Mortgage Lenders
- Electronic Contracting, 2005 to 2005
Honors and Awards
- Hon. Benjamin Aranda III Out Standing Public Service Award, Los Angeles County Bar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United Association of Equipment Leasing, Past Board Member, 2002 to 2004
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Jon Kadoni, Associate
- Hemar, Gordon & Rousso, Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Los Angeles County Bar Association program to assist people living with HIV/AIDS, 1985